PMQ
Colleen and I were fortunate enough to get tickets to Prime Ministers Questions. During a session in the House of Commons - the Prime Minister comes in to answer questions that have been posed to him. It's a very interesting process - but for the most part it's a shouting match of people looking for a sound bite. The Government telling him what a great job he is doing. The Opposition saying what a bad job he is doing. Not much is really accomplished - but a really good quote may come out of it.
We did have a celeb sighting while we were waiting. After Colleen and I got our tickets from this side office, we walked back into the main rotunda. Across the way was a group of people in robes. So who was it - the Dalai Lama himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. He was shaking some hands as he was walking out - so Colleen and I shuffle over to get in line. But right as he gets to us, he breaks off. So I yell out - "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
OK, so that isn't really how it happened, but that's what I'm going to tell everyone. In reality, he was walking on the other side of the rotunda shaking hands with some school kids. But that isn't nearly as cool of a story.
John
No comments:
Post a Comment