Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lunch Lady Land

Just a quick entry as I was laughing so hard that I bit the inside of my mouth so the kids didn't know they were the subject of my laughter.

Jack and Owen are served a hot lunch every day at school. "Guess what we had for lunch?" is usually what kicks off our conversation on the way home from school. Pasta, chicken, pizza and roasted potatoes seem to be popular items as well as "carrots sweet" which I am assuming is carrots with some sort of sugary sauce on them.

Today, however, I was informed that they had lamb. After further investigation I discovered that the boys were served lamb moussaka, a "classic greek casserole of lamb and eggplant." (I found that description on the internet). When I asked the boys if they liked the lamb I was told, "Not really." "Well, why not?" I asked.

"Well, first of all, it was kind of hard to chew. And, it was in this really weird saucy stuff that didn't taste very good." (Jack a.k.a. "Pete")

"Yeah, the sauce was really weird." (Owen a.k.a. "Re-Pete")


At which point Kate usually chimes in with just a "Yah - weird." (Kate = "Three-pete") (Added by John later....)

Cheerio! (or maybe Cheerios for dinner!)

2 comments:

Meg said...

Sounds very 'delicious'!!

LOve you all,

kyleigh

Unknown said...

Sloppy Joe, Slop, Sloppy Joe...

http://www.jibjab.com/view/175696

Enjoy.