Monday, April 28, 2008

Ich bin ein Berliner!

On April 11, I hopped on a flight from London City airport (think the old Meigs Airport) to Berlin to catch up with my niece Emily Snow. Emily's high school chorus was traveling through Germany and Poland - her choir director called it their "world tour." It was great fun to see Emily, meet her friends and share the experience of seeing Berlin with her.


I got to spend all day on Saturday, April 12 with the Hingham High School Choir. After a visit to the Lichtenburg Music School to hear and sing with the Clara Schumann Choir, the high school students, chaperones, and me embarked on a 3 hour bus tour of Berlin. The choir director was kind enough to allow me to sit in the one and only seat open on their coach - in the back of the bus! As I sat among the high school students, I felt very old, but what fun it was to get to know Emily's friends and participate in some good witty banter with all of them!

Later during the students' free time I had dinner with Emily and her two roommates on the tour, Carolyn and Sarah. We had a lovely dinner - very traditional German fare - and then raced via taxi back to the designated meeting spot where I sadly had to say goodbye.

Thanks Em for such a great weekend! Love you!!
AC

No comments: