Thursday, February 14, 2008

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY JACK!



Jack is 6 years old! We took the annual picture in one of John's shirts - it is getting kind of scary how quickly he is filling out an XL shirt!

All Jack kept saying to me was, "Mom, I really want a Power Rangers Birthday Party." Well, having no access to Party City, Target or any of my usual haunts in Barrington, not to mention no vehicle, I was challenged by my Birthday Boy to produce Power Ranger Birthday Party complete with the proper party paraphenalia. Done!

A quick Google search led me to a handy website - quite similar to BirthdayExpress.com. I ordered plates, napkins, goody bags, stickers, a Happy Birthday sign, etc. The nice thing about London and the UK is their postal service, as long as you send within the country. I ordered the goods on Monday afternoon and they were delivered to my door the next day! No express delivery charge, in fact shipping was free. One piece of the Power Ranger party in place...now for the cake.

The local groceries here are not like Jewel and Dominick's...the character cakes are limited to the character du jour. So my options were Thomas the Tank Engine (had that for Birthdays 2 and 3); or Spiderman (Owen had that last summer). So I let my fingers do the typing and searched the web...Google is amazing. After a search for "Power Ranger Birthday Cake London UK" I found www.LondonCakes.com. I simply emailed to the cake people a picture I copied from the Power Ranger website and voila! A very tasty chocolate Power Ranger cake delivered to my door the next day!

So off to Pizza Express we went with Jack's friends from school, Ivan and Caden; and some neighbor friends, Henry and Katie Hamilton; and of course Nilda and we had "the best Power Ranger Party ever!!" (according to Jack).



John and I were thrilled that Jack had such a good time...proves that life can happen anywhere as long as kids are happy!
Cheers.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Looks like a great birthday party! We were thinking of you, Jack. You are getting SO big!

We will try to call you again today.

Judd said...

Happy Birthday Jack! We were thinking of you.