
So on our walk back from yet another little local park last Sunday, we went by a men's store on St. John's High Street. They were having a half-price sale, so Colleen said she was actually "saving" me money by buying me a shirt. They were selling Italian shirts - which has very different sizes than the US. So the sales lady holds up the shirt in the window, while I try to entertain the kids outside. She guesses that I'm a XXL in Italian sizes. Well, in Italian I must be Orca fat because I had to go back and get the XXXL.
Its a nice shirt and I like it...so I was going to wear it out to dinner on Saturday night when we were going out to dinner and a movie. Well, we had just been talking about the cost of dry cleaning over here (4 GBP a shirt!!!) so I decided to check the label to see if it was dry clean only. Well, imagine my astonishment at the label (pictured below)

That's right - my shirt is an Authentic Sophisticated Pleasure Shirt. Didn't know that there such a problem in the world with fake sophisicated pleasure shirts. What makes it authentic by the way? So many questions to answer. Just another one of the quirks of living across the pond. I'm sure there will be more fashion disasters to come....
3 comments:
Only in Italy (and maybe France) can a "Pleasure Shirt" be sophisticated. ; )
Is London bringing out the metrosexual in you? Maybe I'll pick up a fancy "authentic sophisticated pleasure shirt" while I'm there...do they make XXXXXXXL shirts?
Rockhead and John...heard about the sophisticated shirt and had to send a note. It sounds like John is gettnig more sophisticated and Colleen...well, from the Kelly story, it sounds like nothing has changed in the last 20 years! What's your email address?
Murph
Post a Comment