Every day the boys come home from school they tell me they are "starving." I have tried to explain to them that in other parts of the world there are children who are really starving and are not lucky enough to have juice boxes, pretzels and "biscuits" (crackers) for snack time. I also told them the hot lunch they had that day at school could likely feed these children for a week! Naturally, this information does not register with them at all, instead I hear, "well, I'm starving now so can I please have some pretzels?"
Anyway, Nilda does not like the children to be hungry for one second. She asked me if it was alright to bring them a snack. So, on Tuesdays and Fridays when she picks up the boys from school she brings them surprise treats. I think this is fine twice a week if it keeps them happy...right?
One day Nilda brought them mini Pringles, another day it was Krispy Kreme donuts, and another time it was cheese biscuits (London's version of goldfish). Well, the biggest hit so far was the sack full of cheeseburgers from Burger King made to order; Jack - ketchup, extra mustard, no pickles; Owen - ketchup, no pickles; Kate - plain. The kids have figured out pretty quickly that Nilda rules. They have asked me repeatedly if Nilda can pick them up every day. Nice.
Yesterday after school she asked the kids, "who would like a chocolate sandwich?" Owen responded, "WHAT is a chocolate sandwich?!" Nilda has introduced them to Nutella...and Owen cannot get enough of the stuff!

Here is Owen absolutely inhaling his first "chocolate sandwich" courtesy of Nilda!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating a little chocolate before dinner - especially between two pieces of whole grain bread!
Bon appetit!
2 comments:
Owen, Peyton wants to know why your mouth is dirty! :)
For my 9th birthday, my brother gave me a jar of Nutella and a spoon - One of the all time great presents.
Post a Comment